Working within the operational framework of the Skopje office under the responsibility of the Development Manager, you are passionate about Product Ownership and delivery whilst achieving best practices within a team of developers. Best practices and quality in an Agile environment are your aspirations, as is developing your career in a Product Owner role building on an excellent technology foundation.
- Managing a product backlog for a dedicated feature area, for example, website and web API development, using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- Gathering client requirements, using Agile techniques such as story mapping and affinity sizing, and creating user stories to be included in the product backlog.
- Negotiating priorities with stakeholders to ensure that high value deliverables are identified and progressed to a high level of quality.
- Working closely with the scrum team to refine backlog items and plan individual sprints.
- Working closely with the scrum team to ensure all impediments are identified, recorded and removed.
- Providing progress and status updates to stakeholders, in particular Clients, Sponsors and Project Managers.
- Manage end of sprint demos to clients and record / react to feedback received.
- Participation in sprint retrospectives in order to inspect and adapt for the future.
- Contribute to the development, documentation, and maintenance of departmental procedures required to promote efficient running and maintain the expected level of quality within the department.
- Complete the timesheets in the Time Management System in a timely and detailed manner.
- Training and mentoring colleagues when required.
- Working closely with the other POs to ensure same practices within the company.
Qualifications and experience:
- A degree in a related subject or relevant experience.
- 2+ years related experience as a software development engineer or similar.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities through wider team activities.
- Good understanding of software development and testing lifecycles.
- Good understanding of Continues Integration and Continues Delivery processes
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies and ceremonies
- Good verbal and written English communication skills including the ability to write routine reports and correspondence for internal and external customer communications
- Understanding & use of relevant development tools and techniques.
Candidates might also have:
- Certified Scrum Professional recognition from the Scrum Alliance is desirable
- Previous experience of working within the insurance industry.
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and a supporting ticketing platform such as Zendesk.